Quality and reliability
- Fan motors built with high-grade, temperature-resistant materials that eliminate need for motor-case ventilation holes, to prevent moisture - attracting dust from building up on motor and causing possible corrosion or electrical shorts.
- Stress relief notches at bends in sheet-metal cover panels, to prevent cracks.
- Durable, heavy-duty weld nuts and machine screws at load-bearing points instead of light sheet-metal screws, which can come loose or break.
- Weight of fan housing supported by sturdy, steel-framed interior panel instead of light cover panel, which can weaken and collapse.
- Refrigeration unit hermetically sealed, eliminating need for leak prone service valves and costly recharging.
- Casters securely attached to frame by heavy-duty mounting plate instead of only by caster stem, which can bend and cause caster to fail.
- Insulated connectors prevent electrical shorts and dangerous shocks.
- Heat exchanger secured to center frame, to reduce noise and prevent possible cracking or breaking of coil due to vibration.
- Insulated drain pan prevents condensation on outer surface of pan, to protect against corrosion and prevent water from dripping onto floor.
- Phase-reversal protection on three-phase models prevents potential damage to motors and compressors.
- Cooling performance verified by nationally recognized, independent testing laboratory; based on actual performance, not calculated data.
- Trustworthy, reliable cooling-capacity specifications, in accordance with standards of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- ISO 9001:2008-certified company, to ensure best business practices.
- Winner of the Deming Prize—the most prestigious award for quality control.
- Winner of the J.D. Power and Associates Quality Award.
- Products built with long life expectancy; many units in operation for 20 years or more.
- Less than 1% of units require warranty service.
- Dealers who specialize in spot air conditioners consistently say they prefer MovinCool air conditioners because of their superior reliability.
Safety and convenience features
- All models UL listed for safety; Classic 40 and 60 models UL-listed as safe for outdoor use.
- Automatic restart in case of power failure, to allow cooling to resume without personnel needing to be present.
- Operational settings retained in memory after power interruption, eliminating need for re-entering.
- Ability to communicate with data-center or building control system allows remote monitoring of unit.
- Automatic shutoff by building fire-alarm, to prevent air conditioner from possibly spreading smoke in case of fire.
- Current- and thermal-overload protection for compressor and fan motors prevents possible damage due to short circuits or electrical spikes.
- Temperature sensor on evaporator coil prevents ice buildup, which can cause blockage of cool-air flow and water leaks.
- Compressor time-delay protection prevents compressor from restarting too frequently under high pressure and thus wearing out prematurely.
- High-pressure switch safety protection on 2-ton or larger models, to keep refrigerant pipes from possibly bursting in case of compressor malfunction.
- Wide range of models, with capacities from 7,000 to 60,000 Btu/hr.
- Models available with attractive exterior design to blend into office environments.
New, advance-design controller (Office Pro® and Classic Plus Models)
- Custom-built controller has higher degree of functionality and ease of use than generic controllers.
- Seven-day programming capability allows operation on weekends and holidays.
- Large, backlit control panel allows easy viewing even in low-light conditions; display conveniently shows current time, day of the week, room temperature, set temperature, fan hi/lo mode and cool on/off mode.
- All days of the week can be viewed in a single screen, facilitating data entry.
- Display of diagnostic codes simplifies troubleshooting.
- Tracks number of hours unit has run, to allow monitoring of usage.
- Control-panel keypad-lockout feature prevents unauthorized access.
- If condensate tank becomes full, water-level alert system turns unit off, illuminates warning light and sends output signal to activate alarm or other device.
Environmentally friendly initiatives
- R-410A refrigerant does not does not contain hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), which can contribute to depletion of the ozone layer.
- Controller does not contain hazardous, groundwater-polluting substances, in voluntary accordance with European Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive.
- Surfaces finished with powder coating instead of solvent-containing liquid paint, which can release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the atmosphere.
Service and support
- Industry-best warranty coverage includes three year parts and labor on compressor and one year parts and labor on entire unit— receive an additional second year of coverage by registering unit online at www.movincool.com/reg within 60 days after purchase.
- Nationwide warranty-repair network ensures fast, local service.
- Convenient multilingual engineering support available by telephone.
- Broad distribution base, with dealers located conveniently in all areas throughout North America.
- All models always in stock and available for immediate delivery.
- MovinCool is a brand of DENSO Corporation, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of automotive parts.
- DENSO supplies advanced technology, systems and components, including air conditioners, to all of the world’s major automotive manufacturers.
- Company established in 1949; employs 120,000 people in 32 countries and regions, and has $32 billion in annual sales.
- In the 1980s, DENSO pioneered the concept of workspace spot cooling to meet its own factory needs. MovinCool has since grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial spot air conditioners.
- MovinCool spot air conditioners have a wide variety of applications, providing emergency, backup, supplemental and permanent cooling for equipment and people, as well as moisture removal. Application areas include:
- IT data centers, computer rooms, server and telecom closets
- Hospitals, laboratories
- Offices, schools, temporary buildings
- Warehouses, factories, food-processing facilities
- Outdoor sporting and other events, movie sets
- Construction sites
- Disaster recovery sites